||Cellsites International and NDC|
||VIC, NSW and Qld|
|No. of sites:
||Telecommunications Infrastructure |
One. Tel started rolling out its national GSM network in 2001 with the vendor Lucent Technologies managing it. This roll-out was designed and constructed at a record pace and ended with the eventual demise of One. Tel. Many of the sites designed were eventually used by Hutchison Telecoms after the purchase of infrastructure from Lucent Technologies.
- Site inspection
- Site design and documentation
- Structural and Electrical
- Geotechnical investigations
- Photomontages as required
- Features and levels surveys
- Tower assessments and strengthening
|The challenge: |
- To support the national rollout with tight time frames and often on “less than ideal” buildings and sites.
- To bring together uniformity of design standards in a high pace environment.
|Intelara set up project offices in both Melbourne and Sydney and established a large documentation workshop office in Brisbane and developed a full set of generic standard drawings for Cellsites International for use and reference on each site, not just for us, but also for other consultants to refer to. This was released via information meetings in both Sydney and Melbourne.|
|Delivery of a significant number of designs over multiple states over a very short period of time.|