Intelara has established a solid reputation for its delivery of telecommunications roll-out projects for Optus, Telstra, One.Tel, Vodafone, AAPT and Hutchison Telecoms over the past 12 years. With the experience of over 1,000 mobile phone base stations, we are well positioned to deliver these services Australia-wide and internationally.
We have provided project management and consulting engineering services for a wide range of communication sites including GSM/CDMA cellular, microwave links and broadcast sites.
Working as part of a multi-disciplined team including property and planning consultants, contractors, RF and transmission engineers, we have successfully achieved consistently high quality designs within extremely tight timeframes.
Experience has been gained in all elements of telecommunications base station design including rooftops, co-locations, greenfields, microcell, internal building sites (IBVC), HV power stanchions and repeaters.
Our involvement has included initial site inspections, site design and documentation, construction advice and inspection, ‘as built’ documentation, certification and project management services.
Intelara’s services also include:
- Initial site identification, survey and assessment to assist site selection and acquisition
- Site design and documentation including all aspects of structural, civil, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines
- Project management of co-location requests, sub-consultants such as surveyors and geotechnical engineers, authority approvals, contract administration and site supervision
- Tunnel infrastructure
- Microwave links
- Air services navigational aides
- Maritime navigational aides
- Inground fibre routes
- Satellite gound stations.
Our expertise in designing telecommunications base stations encompasses:
- Rooftop installations on existing buildings
- New monopole or lattice tower installations
- Tower or monopole strengthening
- Co-locations of equipment on existing facilities
- Swap-outs of existing infrastructure to accommodate increased loadings (including light poles)
- Microcell sites located on street lighting poles
- Architectural screening to minimize visual impact
- Project management
- Site design
- Site survey
- Provision of full project standardised drawing packages and design manuals.